Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Alligator Snapping Turtle Story












































































Ok this is my Daughter and the Alligator Snapping Turtle
she is a nature freak Loves animals even this ugly
little creature that my father In Law would
surely shot with his shot gun to keep it from eating
his beloved fish that he stocks his pond with..LOL
She tries to save Every and ANY thing she finds
around here...we do have woods and acres for her to
play and search and thank goodness becuase I
dont know what I would do if we didnt have any space
for her to play Miss Dr. DooLittle with...haha
these creatures are Endangered Species and she
returned it to a safe place AFTER she showed it to
everyone...LOL...I couldnt resist taking the pictures
to show you all...see the long rigid tail? thats one reason
they got the name and another is they have enough jaw
strength to snap off a finger or two with one chomp...eek
xoxoxoxxo
hope you enjoyed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woooooo....scary little things lurking around. Your daughter is an angel being so compassionate about nature. You did a great job raising her. :)

Patamomma said...

Wow he is gorgeous! Tell your daughter that she has others like her that try to save the turtles! I'm a huge turtle fan. patty

Kathy's Scraps said...

We used to have snappers at my grandparents farm in Attic, NY. I even took eggs to school, when in grade school, and a few of them hatched. Someone took them to their pond after they got so big. They do have strong jaws and can do quite a bit of damage!